Register For Tax

Register your new business with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and create your HMRC online account at the same time.

Online services may be slow during busy times. Check if there are any current problems with HMRC services, or times they won’t be available.

Start Now

You can register for:

  • Self Assessment if you’re a new sole trader or the ‘nominated partner’ in a new self-employed partnership
  • Corporation Tax if you’ve set up a new limited company
  • PAYE for employers if you’re taking on staff
  • VAT as a new business

You can’t use this service if you’re setting up a limited liability partnership or you’re not the ‘nominated partner’ in a self-employed partnership. There are also a few other situations when you must register in a different way.

Date last updated: 09/06/2015