Businesses interested in diversification into Rail to achieve business scale-up and growth. SME’s engaged with Innovation and New Products (particular emphasis on Digitisation)
The UK’s Railways are as critical to the economic success of our country today as they ever been. With unprecedented levels of government investment in national and regional rail infrastructure, there has never been a better time to consider entering the rail supply chain to grow your business and ensure sustainability for the future.
To help SMEs to learn more about working with the rail sector and maximising opportunities to provide innovative products and services, join our event sessions during September 2022.
The aims of sessions:
- Participants gain a greater understanding of the rail architecture
- Participants gain an awareness of Great British railways and their transition plans
- Participants gain an increased understanding of rail challenges and opportunities for SMEs to work within the rail sector
Who should attend?
SMEs interested in diversification into the rail sector to achieve business scale-up and growth. SMEs engaged with innovation and new products (with a particular emphasis on digital products and services)
What does the event cost?
The event sessions are free to attend for SMEs located within the West Midlands area. Please contact Rachel Eade to confirm eligibility
Summary of Event Sessions:
Session 1: 6th September 2022
- Get into Rail Aims and Objectives
- Introduction to Birmingham Centre for Rail Research & Education
- Round Table introduction/discussion for SME’s
- Rail Sector Challenges for 2022 – Great British Railways
Session 2: 13th September 2022
- UK Rail Architecture
- What is Rail Looking For?
Session 3: 20th September 2022
- Rail Supply Chain Procurement
- Sources of rail news/information
- Rail associations/bodies
Session 4: 27th September 2022
- Rail quality standards
- What they are
- The awarding bodies
- How to apply for accreditation
Session 5: 4th October 2022
- Action Planning for Get into Rail
- Developing your Business Plan
To be followed by 1:1 session
For further information about the event sessions and eligibility, contact Rachel Eade MBE