Monday 21st August
Aston Programme for Small Business Growth
The Aston Programme for Small Business Growth runs approximately every six months from January 2017 until 2019. Applications are now open for Cohort 3, which will begin January 2018. The deadline for applications is 25th October 2017 and the interview date 29th November 2017.
The six-month programme provides practical workshops taught by experts in SME leadership and management, and one-to-one support from an experienced business mentor. The core of the programme is a series of nine one-day workshops taking place over six months which cover topics relevant to leaders of growing SMEs including:
- Strategy and business models
- Opportunities and innovation
- Managing business finances and options for external finance
- Leadership, culture and people
- Marketing strategies
- Operations and processes
- Your business needs to have been trading for at least 12 months and have at least one FTE employee (this can include yourself). The programme is not suitable for start-ups.
- This programme is suitable for businesses that are in their early-stage with identifiable growth potential. Businesses from any sector will benefit, including social entreprises. Please note: Agriculture and retail sectors are not eligible for this programme due to dunding restrictions
- The applicant should be the founder or CEO of the business, and should be the person who is responsible for driving the growth strategy of the business
- Your business needs to be an SME as defined by HMRC and meet the De Minimis State Aid criteria - received no more than 200,000 euros State Aid in the last 36 months
- Participants need to make a significant commitment of time and effort to engage with the opportunities provided and are required to attend all workshops.
To apply, you need to submit an application form which is available by:
Downloading it from: www.aston.ac.uk/centreforgrowth
Or calling the programme team: 0121 204 3225