Innovation, Other Business Support
All, Creative, Digital & Technology, Social Enterprise, Life Sciences, Health and Social Care, Manufacturing, Energy Technologies, Mentoring
The project is a fully funded scheme to deliver tailored support to SMEs to help them enhance their innovation management capacity. The project will deliver bespoke 1 to 1 consultancy to help companies deal with the critical aspects of innovation management including access to finance, marketing, IP and innovation processes applied in the organisation.
i2s will assist 150 SMEs in Coventry and Warwickshire and a further 150 SMEs across the East and West Midlands with improved innovation management performance and an increased propensity to innovate.
The project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund and Innovate UK
The support is targeted towards companies who want to unlock their innovation management potential and offers up to 7 days of fully funded, one-to-one, tailored support to help SMEs:
- plan innovation and commercialisation activity
- develop and implement practical innovation management processes
- connect to high-quality specialist advice, support and facilities
- create a culture of sustainable innovation
- become investment-ready and secure funding or finance
An innovation specialist will work with the SME's management team to help address important areas of innovation management including the following aspects:
- how the business exploits and protects its intellectual property
- how to develop people – skills and learning needs for leadership, business development and growth through innovation
- how to access private and institutional finance, including a review of alternative forms of finance and applying for RD&I funding
- the competitive environment and market opportunities, including improving engagement in key sectors and developing plans to enter new markets
- access to specific services and programmes, including market research, design and prototyping, systems and processes, ICT support, internationalisation, harnessing digital technology, quality management
- collaboration and strategic partnerships – what should the business consider?