Tuesday 12th October
Become an Enterprise Adviser today, with the Careers and Enterprise Company
Working with a local school or college, your role as an Enterprise Adviser can help support pathways into your industry and shape young people's futures.
You can help bridge the gap between the world of work and education, working with the Careers Leader and wider senior leaders of the school or college to create opportunities for young people.
A Enterprise Adviser is:
- A business professional who comes from any industry sector or professional background, be that employed, self-employed or recently employed.
- Dedicated to making a lasting impact on the future outcomes of young people.
- Willing to volunteer their time to achieve positive change in local schools and colleges, using core skills including relationship building and being analytical.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the school or college's senior leadership team strategically to develop and evaluate their careers plan.
- Providing a valuable employer's perspective on how a school or college can embed labour market information and opportunities into the careers programme.
- Engaging with local businesses and employers in your network to put a wide variety of careers opportunities at the heart of young people's education.
Hear more from existing Enterprise Advisers about their experience, why they signed up to become an Enterprise Adviser and the reasons they love working with schools and colleges: Watch the video
Find out more
Contact the Skills Hub today to find out more about this and other ways you and your company can give valuable support to young people.