Monday 6th September
Hospitality has been one of the sectors most affected by lockdowns and government restrictions throughout the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Confidence of business survival in the hospitality sector started to increase in May 2021, but remains below the all-sector level.
Job vacancies in the hospitality sector have seen large increases and are higher than pre-pandemic levels, making it difficult for those businesses that have managed to adapt to really thrive.
GBSLEP recognises that the challenges facing this sector are unique, and require bespoke solutions.
What are GBSLEP doing to help hospitality businesses?
In addition to the general package of support that is open to businesses of all sectors from the GBSLEP Growth Hub, the GBSLEP Skills Hub has identified a number of ways that its team’s unique knowledge and connections can help businesses in the hospitality sector.
We have appointed a Hospitality Sector Champion – Ashi Sattar – to;
- focus on supporting businesses in this sector,
- help hospitality businesses to identify the skills gaps that are standing in the way of their success,
- assist hospitality businesses with navigating the government recruitment and training schemes that are available (e.g. Kickstart, Traineeships and Apprenticeships) and claiming any cash incentives they are entitled to
- link hospitality employers with the best training solutions to equip them for future success
- help to create career opportunities for individuals wishing to pursue a hospitality career
We are working with our partner organisations and governing bodies to keep adding more elements to our support package that will directly benefit hospitality employers in the region. Further announcements will be made in the coming weeks.
We encourage all hospitality businesses to contact Ashi to see what support they are entitled to. The Skills Hub is fully funded so there is no cost to businesses who receive support from us. Our advice is free and impartial and designed to help businesses thrive and create great opportunities within the region.
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org, 0800 032 3488, www.gbslepskillshub.co.uk