GBSLEP
Back to all news

Last chance to claim an additional £2,000 apprenticeship incentive


Monday 22nd February

You can get help from the government to pay for apprenticeship training.

The amount you get depends on whether you pay the apprenticeship levy or not. (You pay the levy if you’re an employer with a pay bill over £3 million each year.)  If you do not pay the levy, you just need to pay 5% towards the cost of training the apprentice, and the Government will pay the rest (95%) directly to the training provider – this is called ‘co-investment’.

Last chance to claim an additional £2,000

You can claim up to £2,000 as an incentive payment if you hire an apprentice that starts with you between 1 August 2020 and 31 March 2021. You’ll have until 30 April 2021 to make the claim. Contact the Skills Hub for expert free advice today and see if you can take up this additional funding opportunity to expand or upskill your workforce.

Apprenticeships can be used to upskill or retrain existing staff or to take on new employees. 

Our dedicated Apprenticeship Advisers will support you and assess your apprenticeship needs, tailoring support to ensure your business is getting the very best apprenticeship advice and guidance. We will analyse your training needs to ensure your business is employing or upskilling onto the correct training programme to support business growth and prosperity. Contact us today on 0800 032 3488 or email info@gbslepskillshub.co.uk.  


Back to all news & case studies

Contact Us

Complete the form below for a free training needs analysis.

Subscribe to the Skills Hub newsletter

All the latest GBSLEP Skills & Apprenticeship Hub news, updates and opportunities for employers delivered to your inbox.

Click here to see how we will handle your personal data.

       

OUR PARTNERS & STAKEHOLDERS