The ESF Skills Hub Project, in conjunction with GBSLEP, wishes to work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet, by managing all levels of operations and incorporating its own sustainable practices.
GBSLEP is committed, through the development of measures, to improve, implement, measure, monitor, and disseminate information on sustainability, both within its operations and to the broader community.
GBSLEP also recognises the importance of achieving net-zero and will work with stakeholders across all business areas to achieve this, to the extent that its resources allow.
The Skills Hub is part of the GBSLEP and is committed to sustainability and supporting SMEs to be more sustainable.
Sustainability underlies the Strategic Economic Plan for the GBSLEP to which the Skills Hub subscribes and it will underlie any future plan developments.
‘Our aim is for Greater Birmingham to be renowned for its sustainability and resilience, with an unrivalled quality of life offer. We will create the right environment for our businesses and people to flourish. We will ensure that our plans meet the needs and aspirations of those that live, work and invest here’.
The ESF Skills Hub project is committed to the following sustainability objectives:
- To raise awareness of sustainability among project staff, participants, and wider stakeholders
- To reduce the effect on climate change by minimising energy use, reducing pollution and using natural resources more efficiently
- To minimise waste through reuse and recycling
- To reduce the need to travel and encourage walking, cycling or the use of public transport
- To embed sustainable practices across the project whenever possible and to the extent that its resources allows.